Penn Capital manages a broad array of credit investment strategies, covering the duration and credit quality spectrum. We look beyond a company’s income statement, emphasizing balance sheet research and in-depth evaluation of management. We search for companies with consistent EBITDA, attractive relative EBITDA multiples, and catalysts for growth.
- Bottom-up, fundamental investment philosophy
- High conviction investment and portfolio construction process
- Risk/return profile of each security is stress-tested
- Proprietary risk rating system (PRR)
- Capacity constrained portfolios
- High active share
Only one default in our flagship High Yield strategy since 1999 with no defaults in Ultra Short Duration Corporate Income, Defensive Short Duration High Income, and Defensive Floating Rate Income strategies.