Penn Capital manages equity investment strategies, focused on inefficient smaller-capitalization companies. We look beyond a company’s income statement, emphasizing balance sheet research and in-depth evaluation of management. We search for companies with consistent EBITDA, attractive relative EBITDA multiples, and catalysts for growth.
- Bottom-up, fundamental investment philosophy
- High conviction investment and portfolio construction process
- Focus on “out of favor” industries and sectors
- Capacity constrained portfolios
- High active share
- Over 1,000 company management meetings and discussion per year
211 acquisitions or corporate events in our Equity strategies since 1999. This is 50% greater M&A activity than the Russell 2000 Index